This dress isn’t perfect. Its more success than fail, so I count it as a win (I’ve worn it twice in the past 3 weeks, weather permitting).
The pattern is the Deer &Doe Zephyr. I made it before in a thick knit, which I wore recently and thought, “why don’t I have more of these?”.
This fabric is just a smidge too light for this pattern…rats! As a consequence, I couldn’t top stitch and needed a walking foot. The princess seams are a little puckered.
The fabric is better suited for a Givre, which I will make with the remnants.
Not all is lost! The fabric is buttery, smooth, a dream to wear. And it looks great with a jacket or sweater!!
Also, I aced the V-neck.
Thanks for reading ❤
Update: a kind commenter recommend I top stitch the seams with a straight stitch to fix the bust puckering. Unfortunately, I tried that and it didn’t work. Since I prewashed the fabric, I didn’t wash the dress again before wearing it. After I washed it, the seams are much better especially in the bust! It’s like magic!